Technological story of ESET internet security
ESET Smart Security. Get award-winning virus protection with antispam and personal firewall.
ESET Cybersecurity for Mac keeps you protected – because even Macs get viruses. Save 25% on a 2-year subscription.
ESET Mobile Antivirus Save 25% with a 2-year subscription!
Try ESET NOD32 Antivirus free for 30 days: click here.
So light on resources, ESET's antivirus software is the choice for gamers. Download ESET NOD32 Antivirus here!
United States and Canada|Partners|About ESET|Cart
- Press Center
- Awards and Certificates
At ESET, we are dedicated to developing high-performing security solutions for home users and corporate customers, detecting and disabling all known and emerging forms of malware.
ESET is a pioneer in the antivirus industry with its award-winning NOD32 technology celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2012. ESET advanced security solutions are trusted by businesses and consumers around the world for protection against today's most sophisticated cyber attacks. On a daily basis, we protect millions of users across all types of environments - be it computers, laptops, mobile devices or servers. ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus, in addition to ESET NOD32 Antivirus,ESET Smart Security and ESET Cyber Security (solution for Mac), are trusted by millions of users globally and are among the most highly recommended security solutions in the world.
The beginnings of ESET date back to 1987 when two young programming enthusiasts, Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka, discovered one of the world’s first computer viruses. They dubbed it “Vienna” and wrote a program for its detection. Many other virus discoveries quickly followed, sparking the idea to devise a universal software solution to counter these then relatively unknown computer threats. What started as the brainchild of a couple of friends evolved into one of the fastest and most effective antivirus programs in the world. Engineered for speed and stability, it fulfills the founders’ vision to put advanced technology at the fingertips of the average PC user.
Throughout the company’s expansion, we have stayed true to the principles underpinning the company‘s philosophy — responsibility, reliability and honesty. These, coupled with innovation, continue to be driving forces behind the company‘s success and growth.
Today, ESET has 800 employees worldwide and is headquartered in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution centers in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore; as well as offices in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Prague (Czech Republic). ESET has an extensive network of malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Krakow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), as well as a network of partners spanning more than 180 countries.
The company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. The proven detection capabilities and low system demands of our security solutions continue to be recognized by independent testing organizations. ESET NOD32 Antivirus has achieved the longest unbroken string of Virus Bulletin VB100 Awards — a testament to the consistent high-quality performance of ESET security across all platforms. ESET also holds a long string of accolades from AV-Comparatives, AV-Test and other independent testing organizations. In 2012, ESET was awarded the SC Magazine Reader Trust Award by its readership of IT security executives for being the “Best Anti-Malware Management” solution.
- ESET Releases ESET Secure Authentication
- ESET Releases 6th Generation A/V and Smart Security Suite Products
- ESET Recognized by San Diego Chamber of Commerce as 2012 Business of the Year
- Celebrated 20 years since the company’s founding
- Top Rated Product of 2012” Award by AV-Comparatives for the 2nd consecutive year
- Awarded by AV-Comparatives for “Best Overall Speed”
- Received PCMag Consumer Recommended Award
- Silver medal winner of Windows IT Pro “2012 Editor’s Best Awards” in the Best Antivirus/Anti-Malware Product Category
- Received 76th VB100 Award, the most in the industry
- 2012 SC Magazine Reader Trust Award
- "Best Usability” Award from AV-TEST TechTarget’s Information Security Magazine Reader’s Choice Award 2012
- Received 4th consecutive “Advanced +” Award in Performance Test from AV-Comparatives
- Named Windows IT Pro Magazine “2011 Editors Best” and “Community Choice” Award Winner
- Partnered with OPSWAT through Metascan online to Increase Malware Detection
- Awarded Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA) “Winner's Seal of Approval”
- Received 2011 Frost & Sullivan Global Customer Value Enhancement Award
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition achieves First Anti-Malware Certification for Mac® operating Systems from ICSA Labs
- Richard Marko became the new global CEO of ESET, Andrew Lee announced CEO of ESET North America
- First company to receive 60 VB100 awards
- Named one of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc. magazine for the 4th consecutive year
- Ranked #1 antivirus by Maximum PC magazine
- Acquired anti-spam company Comdom
- Exclusive Cybersecurity for Mac launched
- Securing Our eCity initiative founded to promote cyber security
- Received CNET Editors' Choice award
- ESET placed on Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Ranked #1 by Consumer Reports
- Named one of America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies by INC. Magazine for the 3rd consecutive year
- Named 6th-fastest growing privately-held company in San Diego
- Merger with ESET, LLC USA
- Establishment of ESET Research and Development Center in Poland
- Acquisition of Šetrnet, a Czech-based company
- Achieved 50th overall Virus Bulletin Award
- ESET receives its second “IT Company of the Year” award in Slovakia
- The first independent participation of ESET at the CeBit trade fair, Hanover Germany
- ESET receives "IT Company of the Year" recognition awarded by the Slovak Information and Communication Technologies Association
- ESET listed for the first time in "Fast 50 CE" and "Fast 500 EMEA" ranking by Deloitte
- Establishment of ESET Software Company in Prague, Czech Republic
- Establishment of ESET, LLC in San Diego, USA, Anton Zajac - CEO
- NOD32 receives the first Virus Bulletin Test award
- Streamlined version of the antivirus program NOD-iCE launched
- Start of contribution to "Virus Radar" column in a leading Slovak IT periodical PC-Revue
- Establishment of ESET Spol. s r.o. in the former Czechoslovakia. The associates are: Rudolf Hrubý, Peter Paško a Miroslav Trnka.
- The foundation of Slovak Antivirus Center (SAC) and SAC BBS
- Retail launched through A.T.A. Syndicate
- The first retail version delivered to the Austrian market under the product name STOPVIR
- The first version of antivirus NOD is created; the authors are Peter Paško and Miroslav Trnka
- NOD is a twist on an acronym of a Czechoslovak television series title, meaning "Hospital at the Edge of the Disc"
Leading security solution provider for companies of all sizes, home users, and mobile phone users
More than 25 years of experience in protecting network end points
Pioneered and continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection
Global headquarters in Bratislava, Slovakia and Košice
Research and development centers in Bratislava
(Slovakia), San Diego (US), Montreal (Canada),
Krakow (Poland), Moscow (Russia), Buenos
Aires (Argentina), Prague (Czech Republic) and
Sales and distribution centers in Bratislava (EMEA), San Diego (North America), Buenos Aires (Latin America), and Singapore (APAC)
Presence in more than 180 countries worldwide
800 employees worldwide
524% growth over the past 5 years
Protecting over 100 million users
Included in Gartner's 2010 Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms
Recipient of the most Virus Bulletin 100 awards since May 1998
Awarded the most “Advanced+” awards than any other vendor
ESET > About ESET > Profile > Overview
Contact phone number Sales 1-844-824-3738